Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

Friendship blossoms






I saw this idea in FamilyFun magazine a last year or the year before -  Friendship blossom link.  I've been hoarding ideas to use once my kids hit school and I am very excited that we got to use one!  These paper flowers were right up daughter # 1's alley!

We used pink cardstock from my scrapbooking stash.  Who would have guessed that I have eight different shades of pink in my stash?  I helped her cut out the hearts - which are used as the petals for the flowers - and she hole-punched them herself.  I also helped her cut out the middle - it was tricky even for me.  What can I say - I'm not great with scissors (- that's why I LOVE my cricuit!). 

The finished product


We weren't sure of the best way to transport these to school without the flowers getting squished - so hubs made this flower holder out of a pice of scrap wood -
Flower holder

Isn't that cool??

All of the flowers ready to go!
Once I saw it, I thought that it would still be pretty unweildy, so hubs made the holder vertical instead of horizontal - think like this lollipop stand  -

Lollipop stand

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the revised stand.  Now we are all set for Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. This craft is so cute and perfect for kids to make for their friends. I'd love for you to submit it to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete