Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mitten & Hat Holder


Mitten & Hat Holder



It is not easy keeping three pink coats organized so that the right person can grab the correct coat!  8 )  In order to combat the 'we-have-too-many-pink-coats' dilemma AND to help my two big girls (age 5 and 2.5) gain a bit more independence, I created a mitten & hat holder on the inside of our coat closet door.  The coat hooks are hung low enough so that my 2.5 year old can reach her coat.  She can't hang her own hat and mittens yet, but she can stick them in the sleeve of her coat if I don't have a free hand to help her.


Hooks labeled with each girls name
 I used some stickers from my scrapbook stash to label the door right above the hooks.  I spelled out each name on the door and then added their initial to the hook.  The "S" on the middle hook is kind of hard to see.  I'm trying to work on name recognition with my 2.5 year old and I was hoping that seeing her name around the house would help.


Hooks for hats and mittens
 I spray painted some clothespins blue and then hot glued some matching ribbon to them.  I knotted the ribbon around the white hooks and then hung them above the coat hooks.  I was thinking that one clothespin would be for the hat and one clothes pin would be for the mittens.  Sometimes that happens, and sometimes they stick their knit mittens in the hat and use the other clothespin for their waterproof gloves.  Neither one of my girls likes to wear their waterproof gloves unless they are actually playing in the snow.  8 )




We have one free hook that is being used to hold their bags right now.  I guess that means we need to have one more kiddo so that we can fill up the coat hook with coats!  8 )

No comments:

Post a Comment