Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Felt car mat

Felt car play mat
My middle daughter loves to play with cars.  For Christmas last year, Santa brought her a race track.  I've seen several tutorials on the web for felt playmats and I thought that she'd enjoy a mat to go along with her race track.  I looked at several tutorials and the ones that I used are below.

I had never used wonder under before, and I used this tutorial to learn how to use it:  HERE from Serving Pink Lemonade

I took some of my ideas for the play mat from HERE, HERE, from A Girl and a Glue Gun and from HERE from Serving Pink Lemonade.



First I drew free had pictures of what I wanted on the mat - trees, buildings, etc.  I cut them out and placed them on the mat to make sure that I didn't draw them too big.



Placement of items on mat.

Then I drew a nice template and used a ruler so that my straight edges would actually be straight.  8 )


Template
 Then I traced everything onto the Wonder Under.

Wonder Under with items traced onto it.

Then I ironed everything on to the felt, cut out the felt, and ironed the shaped onto the mat. 

I saved it for her birthday and she loved it!  We've had some good times playing with our mat and my nephew wants me to make him one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment