Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Paper bag pumpkins

We have almost no Halloween decorations up at our house.  Not because we don't *have* any Halloween decorations, we just don't have any that I like!  Ha ha!

I've seen so many decorations that I'd love to do.  However, life being what it is - I just haven't been able to do them. 

I saw these cute paperbag pumpkins over at Best Toys for Toddlers (side note - I just found this blog a few days ago.  So far I haven't figured out why it is called "best toys" since most of the posts are about art projects/crafts.... any thoughts?) I've been wanting to do some craft projects with my middle daughter and thought that this would be a great opener.  She has never painted before and it looked fairly easy.  Here she is having a good time:

 
So proud!

Here is a picture of the final product.  I made one, my oldest made one, and my middle daughter made two. 




Isn't our mantle sad?  I had hoped to make one of those penant banners that are so popular right now.  Maybe next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment