Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Personalized Fabric Blocks / Taggie Cubes - Part 2

Whew!  My daughter must be growing through a growth spurt!  She and I have spent many hours bonding together with her nursing pillow in our rocking chair.  I think we are finally over the worst of it!

Here are some pictures of the completed fabric blocks:


The "front" of the A block -

See how bad the sewing is?  Yuck! 

See the awful sewing?  I saw a tutorial where someone sewed about 1/8th - 1/4th inch around their letters and then the fabric did this cool fraying when they washed their item.  I guess that is the look I'm going for.  8 )  If only the sewing was even. 


The sides:

On one side of each block I "made" the square by taking 2 pieces of fabric and sewing them together.  I thought that this would add some fun texture to the blocks as well. 

Side 1

Side 2 - See all of those ribbons?
Side 3



The "S" block -

Never take a block away from a baby!  8 )

No comments:

Post a Comment