Felt

Countdown to the END of medical training!

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sewing Cue # 1

Here is a list of some of the projects that I have in my cue:

1.  Nursing cover - I desperately need a nursing cover.  When my oldest was little we didn't live near any family, and we had just moved so we didn't have any friends either.  How sad, huh?  So, when I was nursing, I was always at home or by myself in the car.  So, there as no need to cover up.  Now we are lucky enough to live near family (yay for Grandma and Grandpa!) and to have friends, so I need some coverage! 

I found some fabric that I love at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago.  I'm going to use this tutorial from Ta Da Creations.  Except when I bought the fabric I couldn't remember how much of each color of fabric that I needed.  Of course, I bought the wrong amount.  Instead of 2/3 yard of main color and 1/2 yard of contrasting, I have 3/4 yard of main and 3/4 yard of contrasting.  8 ) 



2.  Fabric napkins - My husband and I keep forgetting to buy napkins from the grocery store.  I think it is because back in May I bought fabric to make fabric napkins and I have yet to finish them.  Perhaps this will be the push I need to finally start and finish this project!  Hopefully I'll finish before we run out of paper towels!



3.  Super hero cape - I'm making this for my nephew for Christmas.  He calls himself "Super {insert his name}" whenever anyone asks his name.  Too cute!  I'm also going to make a mask and wrist covers.  I'm going to use this tutorial from Get Your Craft On.



4.  Doll Diaper bag - My middle daughter (and my oldest too) loves to play with baby dolls.  This site has tutorials to make a doll sized bassinet and diaper bag - and even all of the accessories for the diaper bag - wipes, wipes dispenser, changing pad.  How cool is that?  I know that my daughter would love this for Christmas.  I hope that I can get my act together to get it done in time.  I don't have the fabric for this yet, I want to get my other three projects done first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment